MISSION – To provide nutritious food to the hungry of our community in a dignified and timely manner
We do that by:
– Providing emergency food to Burlington residents
– Providing vital information to families struggling with finances
– Supplementing our fresh produce by growing our own vegetables in our community gardens
– Extending our reach across Burlington through the generosity of corporate donors
– Assisting local agencies meet the food needs they have in providing for their clients
Once food is received, it’s sorted and placed into our storefront helping people every month.
Robin Bailey started with the Burlington Food Bank as the Executive Director in August of 2017. He previously served the community of Burlington for approximately 7.5 years with the Salvation Army Family Services administering their programming.
As the Executive Director of the Burlington Food Bank, he takes great pride in the staff and volunteers dedication, service and deep care for our clients.
He also serves with Feed Ontario as a Director and a team member on their Advocacy Committee, as well as a number of other local initiatives and committees
Maria Thornton, Chair
Mary Gowan, Vice Chair
Rick Owens, Secretary
Paul Farquharson, Treasurer
Debra Carey, Director
Geraldine Hewitt, Director
Lisa Kearns, Director
Bianca Steer, Director
Rhonda Weppler, Director