The Burlington Food Bank recognizes and respects the privacy of our supporters, volunteers and staff team, and is committed to keeping your personal information accurate, confidential, secure and private. The Burlington Food Bank does not sell, rent, or trade its mailing lists.
Personal information – any information that can be used to distinguish, identify and contact a specific individual – is gathered and used by the Burlington Food Bank through various projects and initiatives. This information assists us in the delivery of services and also allows us to keep you informed about our operation, funding needs, events and volunteer opportunities.
1. Accountability – we are responsible for all personal information in our possession, and we keep your personal information in the strictest confidence.
2. Identifying Purposes – we obtain and record personal information only for specific purposes that we disclose to you.
3. Consent – we collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your permission.
4. Limiting collection – information we collect from you is for the purposes identified at the time of collection.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – we will keep your personal information only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it had been obtained. The Burlington Food Bank has developed guidelines and procedures for the disposal/destruction of personal information once its original purposes have been fulfilled.
6. Accuracy – we make our best efforts to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may seek a correction for any information that you find to be incomplete or incorrect.
7. Safeguards – Access to your personal information is protected by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of that information and the method of collection.
8. Openness – The Burlington Food Bank will readily make available to you information about our policies and practices, in a form that is simple and easy to understand.
9. Individual Access – we allow you access to your personal information.
10. Challenging Compliance – You may make a privacy complaint to the Burlington Food Bank at any time by contacting us as listed below. All complaints are investigated and, should a complaint be justified, the Burlington Food Bank will take all appropriate steps required to rectify the situation.
Burlington Food Bank
1254 Plains Rd East, Unit 1A