Welcome to the RED zone Burlington! We implore everyone to follow the guidelines that have been put forth by our health officials. Its important that we observe social distancing, wear masks and stay home when possible. We want you to know that we here at the Burlington Food Bank are planning to continue on through Red and whatever results in the rest of November and December. With growing concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 virus locally and abroad, The Burlington Food Bank has had to consider a range of actions to respond in the best interests of our clients, volunteers and staff including contactless delivery and curbside pickup.
We have already established a number of safeguards, including:
- Hand sanitizer areas, including in front desk, volunteer areas and hand washing in our washrooms
- Sanitizer wipes for all shopping buggies
- Enhanced cleaning processes throughout the building
- Posters about hand washing and flu prevention
- Encouraged people to stay home if they are sick
If you are in need or know of someone who could use our help PLEASE have them email us at email@example.com or call 905-637-2273 to make arrangements to have food dropped at their door or make arrangements to pick it up through our curb-side pickup option. If you live in Burlington, we are here to help. Don’t struggle – give us a call.