With ongoing concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 virus locally and abroad, The Burlington Food Bank has had to consider a range of actions to respond in the best interests of our clients, volunteers and staff. We have already established a number of safeguards, including:
- Hand sanitizer areas, including in front desk, volunteer areas and hand washing in our washrooms
- Sanitizer wipes for all shopping buggies
- Enhanced cleaning processes throughout the building
- Posters about hand washing and flu prevention
- And we encourage people to stay home if they are sick.
Just a reminder that we are not out of the woods yet and we need to do everything possible to protect ourselves and our neighbours and we can keep providing healthy SAFE food to Burlington families that need our support.