One of the biggest hurdles for our clients to manage their budgets is rent. Did you know that the average rental cost in our City of Burlington right now is $1,465 per month. Ontario Works social assistance is roughly $730/mo and the Ontario Disability Support Program is around $1,100/mo. So you can see that the social assistance doesn’t even come close to covering rent today so people are living in lesser rental arrangements such as basement apartments or in shared rental space. Even people working fulltime on minimum wage can’t cover this amount. Rent would be about 81% of their income and that leaves only 19% left for them to cover everything else.